Friday, October 7, 2011

Cow cupboard no more

When I found this cupboard at a tag sale last weekend it was hilarious. Someone had painted it chalky ugly powder blue and glued small wooden cows and chickens all over it. One of the cows even had "country" printed below it in big letters. I saved that one, after prying it off, because, I mean really, who does that sort of thing to furniture. I sanded the cupboard down, and gave it a new coat of a nutmeg colored paint, the door panels are painted my favorite and antique white. It turned out very spiffy, very French country. I had three craigslist offers within 12 hours, and it sold on Wednesday evening. It'll now have a happy home in a bakery in Northern Connecticut. See sometimes it's not just about buying and selling, it's about rescuing perfectly good furniture from being covered in cows.
with the cows removed. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of it with the cows still on...


Don't mind the pink cat toy next to the foot. My cat Toni thought it was a good addition to the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment