Friday, July 20, 2012

Antique Sideboard Before and After

I have a client who was in need of a tv console. She's bought a few other pieces from me in the past, and we wanted to make sure the console really made sense with the rest of her furniture collection. She selected an antique 19th century chestnut sideboard, and choose a beeeeautiful shade of brown called maple sugar, by Benjamin Moore. It's a rich saturated medium brown, almost caramel. I loved it so much while painting the piece that I'm quite determined to use it in my house for the fall decor. Not sure what i'm going to paint yet, but it's a surprisingly stunning color. We did a dark stain on the top of the console, to balance the warmth of the paint color, and then used antique oval brasses to dress it up a bit.
Before and afters below!


In my workshop and about 3/4 the way complete. The fluorescent lights in the basement make the color seem more yellow than it is.




2 comments:

  1. LovelY! I love the stained top a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! That is awesome! What a good vision you have!

    ReplyDelete