Sunday, July 29, 2012

Flea Market Sunday- New Acquisitions

It's yucky outside. Foggy, damp, muggy, raining off and on. It really makes you crave the crisp cool air of fall. It wasn't a great flea market morning. I always know it's a bad one when they only charge you $1 instead of $2 for parking. There were only about 1/8 of the normal amount of vendors. Nonetheless, I didn't do badly. I snagged two vintage globes for my front porch fall decor, and a FABULOUS vintage shield with the Swiss cross on it. I don't know where it came from (surely not Switzerland?) but it's so stunning and so perfect for my fall decor plan. I'm also working on a little project for a friend/ client and I got three vintage bowls and a pair of wrought iron candlesticks for her. I managed to hit a tagsale as well. I didn't think there'd be much left late morning on a Sunday, but I got three adorable vintage white shelves, an abercrombie and fitch plaid shirt, and a wonderful vintage satchel that I'm going to use as a laptop bag. Finally, I picked up a solid oak vintage, but not terribly old, console table. Remember I said I wanted an antique rustic console table for my dining room? Well I saw this and just couldn't walk by. It's 100% solid oak and just just what I'm looking for, it just needs a facelift. When I'm through with it- OMG it will be perfect. Since I didn't buy anything to sell- the prices I paid are all below. Enjoy!

I got all three bowls for $6.... but the old guy who was selling them would only go that low if I kissed him on the cheek. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

They're from Mexico. I love how rustic they are, and the fact that they're pretty large, maybe 9" tall. $5 for the pair.

I know. You're dying of jealousy. I don't blame you. But it's mine mine mine. When I asked how much it was, I was seriously expecting it to be about $125. When the guy said $15, I just about died, but controlled myself long enough to talk him down to $12. It's bug too, probably 28" tall and 14" wide. 

A nice pair of globes to complete my globe collection. I think I have seven now, which should look pretty good all lined up on the shelf on the porch. I got the pair for $10.

I actually picked this sign up last week, but forgot to photograph it. I got it for $9. I suspect that it's not too old, made to look antique, because why on earth would anyone have made a sign that said 'cradle scythe'.

It's perfect. Crazy, obnoxious perfect. I've wanted one with a shelf for ages. It's solid oak all the way though, like holy cow how awesome. I think I'm going to do the top in a stain to match my dining table, paint the body white, but I'm still considering my options. Just itching to get started on this project.

It's very long too, maybe 45" long, and not too wide, which is great for the space. 


Three sweet little white shelves for $1 each. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these yet, but I think it will be in my upstairs bathroom, as soon as its finished.

I've been looking for a new laptop bag for weeks, was willing to spend quite a bit for one, but hadn't spotted just the right one till I saw this vintage looker. At $3, I'm pretty sure I'll get my money's worth.

Great little size small Abercrombie and Fitch button down. Will be just what I need come fall with jeans and boots. $3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment