Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You won't believe this dining set

Really. You won't. I can't believe it. Every time I walk by the dining table in my workshop I have to run my fingers across the top. It's soooooo smooth and sooooo beautiful. The dining table is a real deal mid century modern solid teak. It's marked on the underside, 'Made in Denmark 1964'. The table is so utterly sexy with a very subtle curve to it's rectangular top. The chairs are also vintage, solid fruit wood. I reupholstered the chair seats in a simple elegant canvas cloth, but otherwise just conditioned the wood. I refinished the table, bringing out the glorious sheen and grain of the teak. I can just picture the table all decked out for thanksgiving dinner! Before and afters below, and this one's available for purchase!

before, without the legs on it, and partially sanded.

chairs before, and that purple velvet just had to go!















No comments:

Post a Comment