Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Solid Maple Dresser

This is another piece in the rock maple set that I got a couple weeks ago. I decided to refinish all the pieces the same so there option existed to keep the set together, rather than break it up. This dresser has the most wonderful slab of rock maple on top. The grain of the wood is simply delicious. I painted the body of the dresser linen white, waxed, and buffed it, and stained the top a combination of colors to get just the right warm glow. Then I sealed the top, taking care to sand with 220 grit sand paper between coats so the top is as smooth as glass. This one is also available, so let me know if you're interested!
Before and afters below










I may have gone overboard with the flowers, but everything just looks so cheerful and bright this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment