Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Winter Blues

Well the clocks have been set back and we have several months of short cold days ahead of us. I'm already looking forward to spring. That's the hard part of living in New England, it's so so lovely 8 months of the year, and then November through February are just miserable....March isn't so great either. Alas, that's what makes us New Englanders tough. I mentioned in my previous post that I like to use indoor plants to help fight the doldrums of winter. I also like to decorate with light bright airy colors that remind me that Spring will come again. Green is my favorite color, in all it's glory, mint to emerald. But if I can't have green, I'll take blue. I've really been digging these moody Swedish blues lately, a little chalky, a little grayish, very chic. I also love the way Tiffany Blue on the walls can dress a space up. So, without further ado, here's some winter blues.
A pale blue door is so understated yet elegant. I adore this hallway.

a wonderful gray blue dresser compliments the metallic and white accessories in this room.

Tiffany blue on the walls adds charm and whimsey to this historic home. Can we talk about that chandelier? WANT!

I'm working on a dining table that is a veritable twin to the one pictured here. It will be done in a couple days. This is such a wonderful, bright space.

A pale ice blue compliments the rustic wood tones in this dining room perfectly. I love the juxtaposition of the modern table with the Queen Anne chairs. 

Fresh and crisp and very bright. With the sunlight streaming in, you could easily ignore the dead of winter in this bedroom.

Classic and chic the washed blue walls here play a subtle background to the collection of early 19th century schoolgirl needlework and handsome over upholstered chairs.

Such a pretty shade of periwinkle blue, this rustic cupboard is a scene stealer. 

1 comment:

  1. Catherine11/09/2012

    Been following your blog for awhile now, and enjoy seeing your "transformations". You have a good eye. As for the floors, have you possibly thought of doing a wash? I've done it before and found it to be a good compromise between the opaqueness of paint and the intense work of a refinish.

    ReplyDelete