Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Modern Farmhouse Sideboard

I just completed this fun sideboard project. The original piece had been traded in by a client, and though it was dark and dingy, it was in perfect condition. The solid pine was immaculate, and the piece had obviously been extremely well built. I had a vision for this sideboard as soon as I saw it- light and bright and modern rustic. I painted the case a soft creamy white in a semigloss for both durability and a subtle sheen. I replaced all the drawer pulls with super chic polished nickel ones. The top was sanded, stained with a  mixture of cherry, ipswich pine, and gunstock and then sealed. I love the color of the top. So much dimension, so pretty. The piece is clean as a whistle and super cool. I picture it going into a kitchen, but it could just as easily work as a flat screen TV console, dresser, or sideboard. This one is going up on craigslist today, so let me know if you're interested. Before and Afters below!
-and you'll have to excuse the messiness of my workshop. It was far too snowy and cold to take outdoor pictures!-










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/08/2013

    your work is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love that you left the top stained. It looks a little like butcher block.

    ReplyDelete