Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Workbench to Kitchen Island Project

Let's start with it's Friday and I already want a margarita like whoa. I'm about to start a fabulous new project but first A little shout out to the people that I purchased this vintage work bench from. I bought a dining set from them back in September, and spotted the work bench in their garage. Love at first sight. I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT so I made them an offer on the piece, and they promised to sell it to me when they sold their house. True to their word, I got an email that I could come and get the workbench, and picked it up last night. I loved it even more when I saw it this time. It's one of those things that I just wish I could find a spot for in my house, but alas, I don't have two kitchens...someday maybe. I love the chunky proportions. It reminds me of the benchwright collection at Pottery Barn. I'll be staining the top dark, replacing the lower shelf, and painting the frame white. I'll do another post with before and afters once it's done. Here are a couple of my other workbench to island projects, and some other work bench to island projects that I've admired.
In the garage where I first saw it


Once we got it unloaded from the truck

I love the cross braces




butcher block top island I finished over the summer

nice antique bench I did a couple years ago


Antique work bench to kitchen island I did last winter


Here's a nice one with two lover shelves. I love the melding of modern and rustic in this space.

A nice chunky island from West Elm. I wonder how those zinc tops hold up...

Gorgeous antique bench in a lovely kitchen. That red stool is fabulous too.

Pottery Barn bench with a marble top and on casters. They've also got the cross bracing on the sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment