Friday, May 31, 2013

An Old World French Country Dining Set

I loved these mahogany ribbon back chairs as soon as I got them. So much character and style. The antique mahogany dining table balances them perfectly. This is definitely a one of a kind dining set that will up the style quotient of a room significantly. I sanded the dining table to reveal the breathtaking wood underneath the goopy, opaque old surface. I love how much color and variation there is on the top. The carved double pedestal base has carved acanthus leaves and urns, which I've never seen before and is wicked elegant. I painted the chairs and table base in a fresh white, then distressed them, then waxed them with a tinted wax to give the whole set an old world finish that feels straight out of an ancient French chateau. I forgot to snap a before shot, so it's just "after" pictures.
This one is going up on craigslist today, so email me at kateaverydesign@yahoo.com if you want first crack at it!
Happy Friday!

















No comments:

Post a Comment