Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Farmhouse Decoration for Fall Part 2

As promised, here's my family room and dining room, re-done to welcome Autumn. Check out those cool antique double shutters in the family room. I picked them up from the flea market a few weeks ago. I sanded all the old paint off until I got that beautiful multi-shade surface, then I waxed them, and let me tell you, they were a pain to hang. Interestingly, the shutter on the left has old handwriting all over it that I only discovered when I sanded off the paint. It must me left over from the original maker. Neat huh!
My newly built farm table! I'll do a separate post to tell you all about it.
 Still looking for the perfect chairs to go with it!


I'm obsessed with that antique hay rake. I picked it up on Sunday at the flea market.

See the cool shutters! For halloween I'm going to cut big monster mouths out of paper and tape them to it because I think the cutouts look like monster eyes hehe.







I got this great antique iron shelf at the flea market over the summer. I couldn't wait to finally put it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment