Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Pedestal Dining Set

When you've refinished as many dining sets as I have, it's always fun to try something new. I'd been itching to do a square dining set for a while, but since a square one hadn't come along, I decided to go ahead and make my own. A rather typical pedestal dining set was the perfect starting point. The base was very handsome, sleek and modern, and the perfect counterpoint to the rustic board top I wanted to add. I painted the chairs and table base in a black enamel- keeping with the modern meets rustic vibe of the set, and added lovely pine boards as a square top. It's sturdy as a rock, and very farmhouse. Before and Afters below!














1 comment:

  1. I've been hopping around your blog. You have beautiful pieces. I love the top on this one. You should post on how you made it. It is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete