Monday, November 4, 2013

Flea Market Finds

Yesterday was the first Sunday in a very long time that I didn't have to work. My schedule has changed so I actually have both Saturdays and Sundays off, which is amazing. I went over to the flea market bright and early with two good friends. Even though the market was pretty small, we all found something special and exciting. All with the mittens, hats, gloves, and slippers that I was buying compulsively because it was freezing out, I also got a gorgeous little vintage pie stand. The lady threw in the three vintage pie plates too! I also got a banner weathervane. It's vintage but not antique, but I absolutely love it. I wanted to hang it somewhere where I could admire it all the time, so I put it on the main wall of the master bedroom. I also hung curtains in the bedroom (finally). On Saturday evening while I was out with my dear friend, Leslie, we spotted some treasure free on the side of the road. I scored this lovely vintage galvanized metal bucket, and she got a great antique oak dresser. I filled the bucket with the last of my hydrangea blossoms and put it on the porch.
Also, on Saturday morning I drove about an hour to pick up THE BEST dining set. It's so stunning- six chairs, a table, and a leaf- very French Country and in smashing condition. I've already got the table sanded, and let me tell you- that mahogany is delicious!
How cute is this plate stand! What should I put in it for my Christmas tabletop decor?



My sweet little girl Toni was helping me take photos. 

It's solid copper, with just a hint of oxidation. I love love love it!



hmmm I probably should have fluffed the pillows before photographing the bed LOL.






Just wait till you see the six chairs that go with this- solid mahogany and STUNNING!

Here we are right after the flea market. We all got matching headbands that were super cozy. I'm the one in yellow. You'll note I matched my scarf, headband...and pick up truck. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. I LOVE your arrow. It's absolutely wonderful. You lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty excited. Almost killed about six innocent bystanders carrying it around the rest of the flea market. Those points are wicked sharp!

      Delete