Thursday, November 14, 2013

Powder Blue Furniture Inspiration

Inspiration doesn't come from a vacuum, at least not for me. I spend hours every day on other furniture blogs, pinterest, and perusing my favorite interior design books and magazines. It's the best way to keep things fresh and find new sources of motivation. Right now I'm really into powder blue furniture. I have a vintage desk that I'll be turning into a central workbench for my studio, and I'm thinking about painting it powder blue for a delicate meets industrial vibe. With that in mind, here are some beautiful pieces of powder blue furniture that inspired me. Where do you get your inspiration?
Happy Thursday!
This classic chest of drawers has just the right balance of blue with an aged surface. Incredibly handsome.

This vintage vanity is spectacular in this Swedish room. I love how it pops against the white paneled wall.

Somewhere between dove gray and powder blue, this cupboard is the most elegant subtle shade.

I love all the blue, pale gray, and white in this dining room. It makes the space feel so open and fresh. 

One of my favorite pieces of powder blue furniture, this antique cupboard looks amazing in fresh blue and white.

An elegant side table gets an update with soft blue and light distressing.

A sweet and simple antique chair looks ever so charming in an old blue paint.

And this cupboard is adorable in a soft blue against that white background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment