Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Matching Hutch and Dry Sink

This is a custom set I just completed. Both pieces are vintage. The dry sink is oak, and probably from about 1970. The hutch is rock maple, and likely dates to the 1950s or early 60s. Both pieces were in great shape, but desperately needed a face lift. I painted both in a creamy light brown, then added a brown glaze, then hand waxed them. I only have a "before" shot of the dry sink, but the hutch was a boring old maple finish.













This post is partying with:



4 comments:

  1. Wow These pieces are very pretty. I really like the color and the glazing made it look even better. Also like the way you stained the top of the hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Don't you just love how a little paint can make magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out beautifully! I'm wowwed. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a Beautiful job looks great, I also love the color you had pick out for both of them Gorgeous.
    I m hoping you and your family have a wonderful New Year.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete