Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Top Picks from the Pook and Pook Auction

Pook and Pook has a decorative arts auction coming up on June 6th and 7th and my do they have some fun and fascinating objects. You can view the entire catalog here .
Here are some of my favorites- I say some, because there were quite a few things I liked and this post would have been waaaay too long if I included all of them.
I love the inquisitive angle of this antique lead eagle's head.
Also, there's something pleasingly gargoyle-esque about him.

This antique copper trade sign has terrific color and patina. 

This would add such a handsome pop of color to a kitchen counter. It would provide some nice storage too. 

A curly maple one drawer stand with a desirable double splay to the legs.

I have a special fondness for mustard yellow paint. I really like the rich color of this long antique work table.

An antique French clock with fine form, and a cheeky grain painted surface. 

I love french wire objects. This candelabra is spectacular. 

I just adore this landscape painting. 

A stunning piece of artwork. 

I could never grow weary of antique botanical prints. 

Aren't these sweet painted ceramic chickens fun! I'd put them on my mantel for autumn!

Three beautiful antique wallpaper boxes and a fabulous early 19th century bonnet. 

A delightfully patriotic hooked rug that would be just perfect to hang on the wall for the 4th of July. 

I see lots of these in needlework, but this is the first I've seen rendered in oil paint.
 It makes for a fun and funky piece of folk art. 

I have a special place in my heart for leather chesterfield sofas.

This would make such an excellent potting bench. 

I would love to put this on my dresser and use it as visible storage for my vintage jewelry.

This antique oil painting has so much energy

This airy antique landscape is irresistible. 

A beautiful antique blanket chest with a gorgeous painted surface with colors muted by years and years of use. 

I love antique trade signs and I rarely see one this early outside of a museum. 

I've honestly never seen a copper weathervane in this roadrunner form. So cool

another breathtaking landscape painting. 

This grain painted step back cupboard is fantastic.

I don't think this farm table is antique, but it's so so handsome that I don't care.

and finally, this outstanding Federal settee with the most delicate and refined lines. 

1 comment:

  1. Concerning the little display cabinet you said you'd use for your jewelry, I have one that's very similar for sale, and will be listing it on Etsy soon. I think mine was used to display pies. :)

    ReplyDelete