Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Mahogany Sideboard in Sage Green.

I have a dear friend who just had a lovely baby boy on Tuesday morning. She's teensier than me, like a little pixie of a thing, and this amazing girl taught a step class this past Saturday- TWO DAYS before she had a baby! She's an inspiration. 

Congratulations Victoria and Rich!!

Victoria's baby shower brunch was on Sunday morning and I had to zip out of there early, like an ass, to go and pick up a vintage dining set in Tolland. Also, I'm miserable at appropriate female small talk, and I start to squirm after an hour's worth- so...that too. 
          The dining set came with four chairs, a wonderful table, and a sideboard. I'm waiting to work on the table because it has three leaves and really needs six chairs rather than four. Here's the sideboard, which is now flying solo, and ready for a new home. 
           The top is a high quality mahogany veneer in excellent condition. I sanded, stained, and sealed it. I painted the case in a pale spring sage, lightly distressed, and finished with a dark wax. The hardware is original, but re-colored in a soft gold. 

*Before*


*After!*









1 comment: