Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Two Antique Pieces in Navy Blue

This was a custom commission for a client, two gorgeous antique pieces, to be refinished in a handsome navy blue. I started with a paler shade of indigo, but it felt a little anemic on such wonderful antiques, so I zipped over to Benjamin Moore and picked up a rich delicious hue called 'Old Navy' which I love love love. I sanded, stained and sealed the tops of the washstand and blanket chest. I went with a darker stain on the chest, and a more honey colored one for the stand. I painted the interior of a chest in a soft cream, to give it a fresh new feel, and I swapped out the drawer pulls on the stand for another set of antique ones that were less fussy.

Blanket chest before

Blanket Chest After!






Washstand Before

Washstand After!






No comments:

Post a Comment