Thursday, January 22, 2015

Drop Leaf Tables

It's time for a drop leaf table appreciation post. Up until a year or so ago, I wouldn't touch them, would steer far clear of drop leafs. I had no legitimate reason for this foolish aversion, so this post stands as my mea culpa. I just recently acquired an antique cherry drop leaf table for our guesthouse which I absolutely love. A week ago I bought a stunning antique mahogany drop leaf at auction. In my moments of weakness, I really think about swapping it out for my oak pedestal dining table. It's so pretty. These tables are rich in style, highly versatile, and perfect for the constantly changing furniture needs of the modern home. They work as desks, consoles, entry tables, side tables, formal dining tables and informal kitchen tables.

This antique drop leaf table is still available, and ready for a new home!

A long gate leg table in a hallway. Chic and rustic all at once!
via

In an entryway, this simple white table displays a charming array of antiques.
via

This beautiful antique table is a showstopper for sure. The turned legs and fine wood are elegant yet understated.
via

The antique cherry table in our guesthouse. 

A sweet little vintage table makes a perfect kitchen island.
via 
When space is tight, go for a drop leaf table as a dining option. You can put one or both leaves up depending on the number of guests.
via

In a chalky white that's almost a gray, this vintage table looks high style!
via

Tucked into a corner, this antique table makes the perfect coffee station.
via 


No comments:

Post a Comment