Friday, February 27, 2015

A Long Cherry Dresser

This is the matching piece to the tall dresser I showed you a few days ago. That tall dresser has already been spoken for, and is going to one of my favorite furniture collectors (Hi Amy!).

It's sometimes fun to break up a set, as a little tweak here and there can make a huge difference in the outcome of a refinished piece. For this wonderful cherry dresser I sanded, stained, and sealed the top since it's just magnificent, and needs to be celebrated. I painted the case in a custom mixed warm medium green with just a hint of olive called 'Vineyard'. The painted surfaces were then distressed and finished with a dark wax. I ordered the vintage brass cove drawer pulls online because I had a very specific look in mind and wanted just the right thing. I adore the final result, but I'm a sucker for green, and so surely biased!














No comments:

Post a Comment