Monday, April 27, 2015

A Shaker Inspired Dry Sink

I love Shaker design, it's so pure and beautiful. I actually just bought myself a new book on Shaker design at the flea market last week. When Carl the Furniture Guy sent me a picture of this vintage solid pine dry sink it reminded me so much of 19th century Shaker pieces that I knew I had to have it.    I painted the case in a warm mustard meant to look like a time faded bright gold, and did the interior portions, drawer sides and original turned knobs in a buttercream that is the mustard cut down with cream. I very lightly distressed the edges and corners and then sealed the entire piece with dark wax. I staged it with a new antique painting I picked up two weeks ago that I just adore, as well as various pieces of antique stoneware.














1 comment:

  1. This piece makes me even more homesick for New England! Great color!

    ReplyDelete