Monday, April 27, 2015

Antique Spool Turned Bed Turned Bench

How clever is this little bench! It was converted from an antique spool turned bed into a handsome and super sturdy bench big enough to seat two comfortably. I've always wanted a spool turned bed but I only ever see them in singles or fulls. And that wouldn't work as the husband, myself, and both our cats are already crowded in the queen size bed. The bench came to me in a fairly tired white and with a cushion that didn't really suit it. I added a pine plank seat, sanded, stained, and sealed, and painted the frame in a delicious teal the color of a tropical sea distressed to let the white peek through and sealed with wax.  Just imagine it in a mudroom or porch! Or at the foot of a bed!

















The Dedicated House

No comments:

Post a Comment