Monday, April 13, 2015

Coastal and Modern

It feels like spring out there. Every year there seems to be a single glorious day when spring rushes over Connecticut in wave of warmth, sunshine, and daffodil blossoms. Yesterday was that day. The grass has turned emerald green and there are great swaths of crocus painting the yards purple and white. This is my happiest time of year.

       With the warmer weather having finally arrived, it puts me in the mind of the coast, and long days at the beach. I think this mid century modern sideboard would be perfect for a home on the shore. It's mid 20th century, probably about 1965, with a waterfall top of exceptional tiger oak. The wood was simply too good not to celebrate, so I sanded the sides and the top, stained, and sealed smooth and glossy. I painted the drawer fronts in a custom mixed nautical blue, distressed, and waxed. The funky faceted brass drawer pulls are awesome and original.


















No comments:

Post a Comment