Monday, April 13, 2015

Flea Market Finds and New Acquisitions

Between all the custom work and several recent purchases, I'm pretty flush with furniture this week, which is always a wonderful feeling. So yesterday when I hit up the flea market I was mostly focusing on smalls and art. It's been about four months since I redecorated the house, and it was definitely time for a refresh. I picked up so many fantastic pieces of artwork and some wonderful mirrors. Also, on Saturday night I got the most outstanding antique late 19th century solid walnut secretary. I'm keeping it for myself, and it's already in my front porch, surrounded by my newest art purchases.

This antique painting stopped me in my tracks. I had to have it. 

A wonderful pair of antique ironstone bowls in immaculate condition.

Another beautiful antique oil painting. I'll be tucking this one away until Autumn.

Clearly I had to have this antique secretary.

A nice group of vintage paintings. The center one is my favorite.

An antique frame for my mother, who's been hunting for one of a specific size

The splurge of the day. Painted probably mid 20th century. One on the right is signed 'Jacques', one of the left retains an unreadable label from the Old Slater Mill Museum. 

Nice antique mirrors.

I adopted some ancestors. They look like a friendly couple. They're hanging on either side of my couch in my family room now.

And finally another nice early mirror in original black paint. 



No comments:

Post a Comment