Tuesday, May 5, 2015

An Antique Mahogany Vanity in Rose

I custom mixed the most spectacular shade of antique rose paint last week for an antique drum table, but also because the moment I saw this stunning mahogany vanity I knew it had to be refinished in a soft blushing rose. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top, which is immaculate and so pretty. I painted the case in the rose, distressed, and dark waxed, and swapped the ugly Chippendale brass pulls out for more delicate antique bale brass pulls. The piece can be used with the mirror as a vanity, or without as a desk. It came to me in a large group of furniture from a very kind couple who live in a spectacular huge old house. I'd really like to find it a good and loving new home!











Cross Posted With:



The Dedicated House

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this color on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, that color is amazing!! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature! http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/05/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_17.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Have a happy week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete