Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Handsome Antique Dining Set in Red

This week I refinished two dining sets and I absolutely adore them both. It was about time I revisited the dining set world, they used to my bread and butter but I've been working on lots of large cases pieces in the last few months. With the entertaining season fast approaching, it's time for my to start making dining sets once more, and you to start buying them!
       My friend Jess spotted this fabulous antique mahogany double pedestal drop leaf table at Savers, of all places, and snatched it up for me on the spot. I got the vintage chairs the following evening. It's a match made in heaven! I painted the chairs and the table base in a custom mixed rich red called 'Red Delicious' (are you noticing an apple theme this week?), then distressed and waxed them. I sanded, stained, and sealed the spectacular top.
         This would be the perfect set for a small dining room or eat in kitchen. It offers so many options, leaves down for two chairs, one leaf up to seat three, both leaves up is more than enough room for four chairs, and could even fit six!













No comments:

Post a Comment