Thursday, October 15, 2015

An Antique China Hutch in Gray and Cream

Sunday I went to the Elephant's trunk flea market rather than Mansfield like normal. I'd never been before and it was exciting to see row upon row of antiques fresh for the picking. Since it's such a long haul from Eastern CT we took my friend's small car rather than the truck, so there could be no furniture buying. Luckily, Carl the Furniture has my back. He had several pieces of furniture set aside for me, and then spotted this adorable antique china hutch at the Mansfield flea market and snagged it for me too.
       I have a client who just happened to be looking for a piece just like this hutch so I sent him pictures and dimensions straight away and then we put our heads together to come up with a design plan. Clearly the piece needed to be lightened up. We decided on a rich dove gray exterior and a warm cream interior accented with dark wood shelves and a sweet little cut glass pull. I highlighted the applied moulding on the front panels, the crest rail, and stretcher to give the piece just a bit more oomph. 
         






No comments:

Post a Comment