Monday, October 19, 2015

An Antique Dresser Turned Work Station

Here's a handsome antique art deco dresser that I've had in my workshop all summer. It initially belonged to a client who refinished it himself in red but didn't care for the end result. I can't remember the specific logistics, but somehow I ended up with it and we put the project on the back burner. A couple weeks ago we decided to revisit it and see what could be done to give it a new look.

       First and foremost the red had to go. It's a bit of a jarring tone, so we opted for a nice rich custom mixed cream. To make the piece more functional as a workstation I removed the drawers, added shelves, and added a chunky pine top with generous overhang on the reverse. I switched the drawer pulls for pretty cut glass octagonal ones and added casters to make it a better working height.









3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. Wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! Do you still have this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Neil! I don't, It was custom for a client. But I'd be happy to do one custom for you!

      Delete