Monday, October 19, 2015

Lucky Ewe!

I've said it before but it always remains true, my favorite part of this job is meeting all the new and wonderful people. Katie spotted one of my hutches on craigslist and decided she wanted to use it as a display piece for the Irish gift shop she's opening in Hamden. It's got the cutest name - Lucky Ewe, I love that. When she came to see the hutch she liked it so much that she commissioned me to do three more pieces for her and took one of my pieces on consignment.

Now I may be slightly biased, but I brought the pieces down on Saturday and her shop looks phenomenal. I'm so so excited for her and I will definitely be doing my Christmas shopping there! Katie's like a ray of sunshine, one of those enthusiastic people that make the world a more joyful place, and I know her shop is going to eminate that cheer. You can check Lucky Ewe out here - http://www.luckyeweirishgoods.com

And here's the furniture I did for Lucky Ewe!

First up is a glorious antique mahogany china cabinet from about 1940. I removed the lower doors to allow for open display, painted the case in a custom mixed warm green called 'September Vineyard' and painted the interior and the faaaaaabulous arched gothic fretwork in cream. I replaced the oval Federal brass pulls with antique turned wood knobs, and distressed and dark waxed the whole piece.








Next I did a lovely set of antique mahogany library steps



And refinished a beautiful antique handmade French Provincial Pine demilune table



And here's the hutch that started it all and was the design springboard for the other pieces


And finally here's the antique mahogany Queen Anne cedar chest that's now available for purchase at Lucky Ewe!



No comments:

Post a Comment