Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Vintage Mahogany China Hutch in Blue

This was suuuuuch a fun and satisfying project. There was nothing really wrong with this gorgeous mahogany hutch, but it was dark and dreary and needed a dose of color. I refinished it custom for a client who basically gave me free reign on the piece so I went with a custom mixed French blue named Blue Bonnet and a custom mixed tan for the interior called Sheath of Wheat. I distressed it and dark waxed it. The pulls are original and so fabulous, and compliment the piece perfectly, so I kept them. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out! :-)










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/16/2015

    I have a similar one. It was my Grandma's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love this piece and those colors!

    ReplyDelete