Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Sideboard in Buttercream Yellow

I picked this piece up last weekend on the way back from delivering an armoire. It's a nice classic sideboard with handsome lines, and I knew it would be a fun and fairly straightforward project to pick at in between more challenging things. I sanded the top, which had been dark and flat looking and stained it in a bright soft oak tone. I painted the case in a custom mixed buttercream yellow and the interior in an antique white. I swapped the ugly drawer pulls out for more modern cup pulls, and recolored the original knobs from the doors to match. Finally I removed the warped interior shelf and replaced it with a pine board stained to match the top. These sideboards are so versatile, they can be used as media consoles, as serving stations in dining rooms, as sofa tables, or as additional counter space and storage in a kitchen.










1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful! Of course all your pieces come out stunning!! Just wondering, how quickly can you turn a piece around?

    ReplyDelete