Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Solid Maple Dresser in Folk Art Gold

Woohoo! My first outdoor photo shoot of the season! And how could I resist with the weather being so unbelievably spectacular! My gardens are about a month ahead of normal, with crocus in full bloom, and little leaves sprout bright green on all the low shrubs, and honeysuckle vines. I'm trying to absorb the warmth and sunshine as much as possible since I know it's supposed to get chilly again for the weekend, but right in this moment I'm blogging outside, and I couldn't be happier.
       In honor of the warm weather I'm bringing back one of my favorite custom colors from last summer, Folk Art Gold, a warm yellow with a fair bit of body. It makes me think of Shaker Furniture just a bit, and is like a drop of pure sunshine for any room. This solid rock maple dresser came to me from Carl the Furniture Guy. It was in beautiful shape, but needed a new look rather desperately. I prepped the surfaces, painted, distressed, and waxed the case, and sanded, stained, and sealed the stunning top. I swapped the atrocious vintage drawer pulls out for simple yet sophisticated turned wood knobs stained to match the top. With twelve drawers that all work perfectly, this dresser could add some serious storage to a bedroom, or work beautifully as a media console or sideboard. I've staged it with two antique demijohns, a big old farm basket I bought for $4 at a tagsale on Saturday, and some forsythia, because my forsythia is, beyond all reason, blooming before St. Patrick's Day.








No comments:

Post a Comment