Monday, April 25, 2016

A Vintage Farmhouse Armoire in Shades of Green

I must admit, I was slightly dubious of the design plan for this custom vintage solid pine armoire. To begin with, I knew the top doors were going to be damn hard to do with both the pale pine and paneled and painted interior, also, I wasn't so sure about how the deep green would look with said pale pine. And as with most custom pieces I'm uncertain about, I just love how it turned out. It's so fun to go outside my comfort zone and explore new territory. I think the final result looks equal parts Shaker elegance and farmhouse warmth. The client wanted something that wood speak of the peace of deep woods, and I don't think a piece of furniture could capture that hearty airiness of trees and leaves and pines and earth much better.
            The exterior is my custom green 'Juniper' which I've used on a few pieces so far this spring. The interior is Juniper cut about 50% with cream, for a pale but rich shade. I sanded, stained, and sealed the drawer fronts and the raised paneling of the doors. The interior shelves are in the deeper Juniper color.







1 comment: