Thursday, April 14, 2016

A Vintage Maple Dresser with Flowers

This was a fun and new project that really allowed me to "branch out" HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Ok sorry I'll stop. I picked up this sweet vintage solid rock maple dresser at the flea market a couple weeks ago and a client approached me to custom refinish it for her. She wanted to integrate some floral custom painting on a deep bottle green ground. Lilacs are her favorite flower (mine too!) and she wanted me to add some sprays of forsythia as well.

       After perusing Pinterest and some of my design magazines to get ideas and inspiration, we went with a fairly loose and informal decoration, with two loose groups of flowers moving up the entire case from opposite sides. The bottle green is my standard custom mixed chalk paint, and I like to use acrylic craft paint for detail decoration like this as it's easy to use and comes in a variety of colors.
After I hand painted the flowers I lightly distressed the entire case, sealed everything with dark wax, and then drilled all the holes for the new hardware.







No comments:

Post a Comment