Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Vintage Pine Desk in Red

Stick a fork in me. I'm done. All the way done. It was a long week, followed by an even longer weekend, and then this morning, like a trooper, I got up at 5am to go to the Elephant's Trunk flea market. Then I got home and worked all afternoon in the sun and forgot to wear sunscreen. And now here it is 7pm on Sunday morning, and I'm just desperately tired and a bit sunburned. And I'm in bed -don't you dare judge me.

      So one of the things that kept me out there working this afternoon was the deep desire to finish and photograph this sweet handmade vintage solid pine desk. I got it at the Mansfield flea market last Sunday and hemmed and hawed over the color for almost a week. I finally decided on a rich custom red I've named 'Plum Wine'. I used vintage ornate brass pulls salvaged from another project and recolored in a verdigris green, and paired the desk with a vintage solid maple chair in distressed cream.

       It's a handsome piece, sturdy and sound, and all the drawers work perfectly. I'd like to see desks used in some more quirky ways around the home. They are great for entryways, as media consoles, or even as bathroom vanities.










No comments:

Post a Comment