Friday, May 27, 2016

A Cherry Desk in Pale Aqua

Good Morning!! How about this spectacular weather! We've had day after day after day of hot, sunny, dry weather, my favorite. It's like summer has come ultra early, and after the backward April and May we had, it's more than welcome! I hope you all have a spectacular Memorial Day weekend. I'll be working on furniture, like I always am.

              And here's the latest fruit of my labor, a vintage solid cherry Pennsylvania House desk. It's a fiercely handsome piece, and was in excellent condition. It's finished and paneled on all four sides, and the cherry top is so finely grained, it's enough to make your knees weak. I refinished it custom for a client. We did the case in a custom pale aqua, used pierced brass Chippendale pulls salvaged from another antique piece, and I refinished the top in a light shade with a hint of gray to hold the red tones at bay as much as possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment