Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Hutch and Sideboard in Gray

Boy this was a huge undertaking, and it just about killed me, to be quite honest. It was the project that never ended, and I feel about twenty years older having finished this sideboard and hutch. Which not to say I'm not happy with the result, but it's been a long week, and I desperately need a day off.

         These two pieces are fairly modern, about twenty years old, though nicely built. A client approached me to custom refinish them in a deep gray (we actually choose the color to match the sweatshirt she was wearing at the time!). The color is Benjamin Moore's 'Stormy Sky' inside and out. We swapped the fussy vintage hardware out for polished nickel pulls with clean modern lines. I distressed and dark waxed both pieces. The base of the hutch and the sideboard are actually identical, and the client wanted one to have a dark stained top, the other to be painted.
       












No comments:

Post a Comment