Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Vintage Maple Dresser in Blue

Sometimes I don't mix my own colors. I do like cooking up new tones and shades to share with you, but it is quite fun every now and then to try some lovely color mixed by others. This is Benjamin Moore's Bayberry Blue, and I just love it. It's so deep and saturated, the bluest sky blue you could possibly imagine.
      The vintage maple dresser is by Willet, and mid 20th century. I got it at the ReStore in Cromwell, currently one of my favorite furniture sources. I did this piece custom for a client. To give the piece a more modern look we swapped out the drawer pulls for nickel cup pulls, recoloring the escutcheons to match. I lightly distressed the case and sealed it with wax, and refinished the beautiful maple top in a pale light tone.









No comments:

Post a Comment