Friday, August 19, 2016

A Dresser with Jelly Fish

Ack! I'm sorry, I've been lazy and not posting nearly enough!! I've got a backlog of about seven pieces of furniture to blog about! Pro-tip, when I'm this lazy I still post my new projects on all my other social media fronts as I finish them, so if you want to stay in the loop, be sure to follow me on one of these
https://www.facebook.com/HeirAndSpace/

https://twitter.com/tagsalegirl

https://www.instagram.com/heirandspace/?hl=en


Fair warning- I swear a lot on my twitter page.

So back to business. Here's a great solid maple vintage dresser that I picked up from the ReStore in Cromwell last week. That place is fast becoming my FAVORITE furniture source!!

It's a fabulous piece of furniture in great condition, but was a little ho-hum. I refinished the top, painted the case, and then to add a little zip, I hand painted jelly fish swooshing across it.
I've got a new technique for painting detail work on furniture. I've found that by using highly waterlogged acrylic paint I can get a watercolor effect. I paint directly onto the painted ground, then distress the whole thing, then seal it with wax. It's just as durable as the rest of the painted surface!!





2 comments:

  1. Had to have retina surgery first of the week and Dr's orders have confined me to the couch. Thought I was going to go nuts, but then I found your blog. I have not been this enthralled since the Sears Catalogue Christmas Wish Book, when I was young. I go back to the Dr this afternoon, and sort of hope he tells me to take it easy for a few more days.......I'm only half way through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool. Great for a coastal room or statement piece!

    ReplyDelete