Monday, August 29, 2016

A Vintage Pair of Side Tables

I spotted these lovely side tables yesterday morning at the Mansfield Flea Market and adored them at first blush. The form is absolutely exceptional, I've never seen anything quite like it, and they're beautifully built, probably from about 1950. They still retain the original label on the inside of the drawer, made by Maslow Freen Furniture of New York, and I suspect they were quite pricey when first made.
       The thing I love most about these is how modern they are. The perfect example of timeless design. I'm sure they looked fabulous in their first home, and now sixty five years later, with just a bit of paint, they look brand new and chic once more. They're a nice size and sturdy as can be, perfect either as nightstands or side tables. I wish I had a spot for them in my house. I know I'll never see another pair as elegant and charming.





No comments:

Post a Comment