Monday, October 31, 2016

Bin Drawers and Antique White

In all the years I've been refinishing vintage furniture I've only worked on three tall dressers with bin drawers on top. Weirdly, all three have been within the last two months. This one came with a big group of other great furniture and though I'm booked solid with custom work, I couldn't resist indulging myself just a bit and refinishing it just how I thought it should be.

          The color is a custom mixed shade of vanilla that I created for the backboard on a client's hutch last week. I liked it so much I decided on the spot to use it on this sweet c.1920 walnut dresser. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top and painted the case, distressed, and waxed it. I had to repair a foot and fill some dings and scratches, but otherwise this one didn't give me much grief!







No comments:

Post a Comment